Sunday, January 25, 2009

I don't Know Why, but I do

My first love is and will always be Blues, but I do like some other music and bands, and I don't know why! Warning: Some of these, may shocking....






I love SCOTS! I gotta see em live sometime! This is not too much of a stretch, since I AM Southern Culture on the Skids myself. (I really love that Silvertone guitar)






I really like Iris Dement, and yeah she's a distant cousin (I've never met her...she has no idea who I am) and here's she's teamed with another fav of mine, the great John Prine.





I've always loved the B-52s





I've always loved Vixen. How cool that I have an acquaintance who plays with them now!





Speaking of the 80s, I loved that Government Cheese!





Speaking of the 70s...I still love listening to Big Star, good Memphis music!





I can never get enough Loretta. Her latest album is STILL the best thing to come out of Nashville since Emmylou's Wrecking Ball.





Speaking of Emmylou, the first time I heard her I swore I heard an angel singing.





I don't know why I like Avril. She's so many things I don't like musically: Canadian, young, teenage punk girl, made more money before her 18th birthday than I'll ever see in my lifetime. Oh well. I do like a lot of her songs. If you listen close, you can tell they were written with middle-aged men in mind....can't cha?





I know Mariah's nuts, but she can sing her butt off. If she ever tried the Blues, it'd be awesome. She's welcome to join me on stage anytime, but she'd have to get bluesy wid me. Just don't hurt me.





I love em. Don't know why. Don't ask questions. Go figure. Maybe I got a thing for Swedes....Frida's my favorite. Know what? She's Still go it!





Go figure....

1 comment:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I love ABBA, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Also, it's taken me years, but recently I came to appreciate Emmylou. I can't figure out what took me so long.