Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 9

Very conflicting information today. Earlier today I got my hopes up when I read a report that Hickman-Fulton RECC had 2,900 on line and only 1,000 without power. I thought this sounded too good to be true and it was. The report had the numbers reversed. Arrrgh! Here's the latest I could find from WestKentuckyStar:

Hickman Fulton RECC has restored power to 75 customers Wednesday. About 2,825 are still without power. They have 240 line workers working with more on the way. They are stationed in each county and will start working at the substations and moving out from there.

We drove around and saw a few pockets with power and while that's frustrating, you can see progress being made and that's encouraging. Meanwhile, we're facing another night with lows in the teens, and no power. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: