Here's MY recipe for Mac n Cheese! I highly recommend it....unless you're on a diet!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups shredded cheddar/jack cheese (I buy mine already mixed in the bag. 2 bags of 2 cups each)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups cubed Velveeta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the oil and the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the half and half, 3 cups of cheese mixture, 2.5 cups Velveeta, mix together and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve.