Sunday, January 8, 2012

What To Look For In A Great Communicator


I’ve been blessed throughout my long career in communications to learn from some of the best.  What works & what doesn’t.  What’s a good idea & what’s a bad idea.  I’ve learned how to handle different types of personalities in the newsroom, reporting in the field, in business & in the public. 

On the flip side, after several years in the business, I was able to pass on some of what I learned to young reporters, anchors, etc.  This helped them develop their skills faster if they took the advice to heart, since they could avoid some of the mistakes I made early on in my career.  It makes me so proud to see them move up in the business!  I still hear from many of them to this day. It only makes sense that a lot of these traits also transfer over to business or whatever field someone chooses to enter.  Over the next little while, I’ll post some of what I recognized to be the best traits found in the best!

No comments: