Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Recording of Palestine Blues

Thrilled to be releasing our 4th studio album, Palestine Blues, in August.  Without a doubt the most personal project I've ever done.  It deals with a particularly difficult 10 year stretch of my life.  All 10 songs are original and it's not a happy record at all.

If anything, it's painful.  Sometimes it's very painful for me to listen to, but maybe some can relate.  In life, we go through hard times, including problems with drugs, alcohol, joblessness, struggles with depression and between the profane and the spiritual.  Over the last 10 years, I or someone close to me has dealt with many of those.

Palestine Blues is set for release August 7th.  I hope it touches a chord with some folks, especially those dealing with life's difficulties themselves. I hope they realize they are not alone.  I hope they realize they can pull out of that spiral.

No comments: